Monday 25 February 2013

75-2 Could Pharaoh Have Repented?


God raised Pharaoh up to be an example for the generations of Israelites that wandered in the desert and into the Promise Land because he was not righteous or in any good standing with God. In Exodus 10:1-2, God declared that he would harden Pharaohs heart and lay His hand over Egypt with many signs and wonders in a great judgment. 
This judgment was told to the Israelites children and their children’s children so that they would know that the Lord was their God.


Exodus 10:1-2 “Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go in to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may show these signs of mine among them, and that you may tell in the hearing of your son and of your grandson how I have dealt harshly with the Egyptians and what signs I have done among them, that you may know that I am the Lord.””

Exodus 7:3-4  “But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, Pharaoh will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and bring my hosts, my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great acts of judgment.”

“And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God.”

“And they shall know that I am the Lord their God, who brought them out of the land of Egypt that I might dwell among them. I am the Lord their God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment