Monday 3 June 2013

75 Bible Questions – 71


Doesn’t God Want His “Heirs” to Inherit Everything?
Romans 4:13  For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.”

The promised blessings of Abraham are free to all who accept them, as we are heirs and offspring through faith in Jesus Christ for it says in Galatians 3:14  So that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.”
Even when God has made a covenant with Abraham that we are a part of, many Christians resent that we are heirs of this world and that our Heavenly Father who loves us would want to shower us with prosperity.
I know many Christians struggle with finances, work, family life, and even their relationship with God when they could step out of their self dependence to trust in the Lord’s divine provision.

Philippians 4:10-13  “I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity.  Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Genesis 28:4  May he give the blessing of Abraham to you and to your offspring with you, that you may take possession of the land of your sojournings that God gave to Abraham!”



No comments:

Post a Comment