Tuesday 23 April 2013

75 Bible Question – 44


Romans 7:14  “We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.”

As I have discussed in previous posts, the law exposes sin, where as without it, Paul writes that he “would not have known what sin was… For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “Do not covet.””
So then, if Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ found the law useful in exposing a sin he was committing, it is defiantly of valid importance to us who share the same spirit, but did not experience Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection first hand. 
The law is meant to expose sin as it did in the Old Testament for we are “No longer under the law of sin and death."

Romans 7:7  “What shall we say then?  Is the law sin? Certainly not!  Indeed I would not have known what sin was accept though he law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “Do not covet.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment