Thursday 14 March 2013

75 Question 18 Doesn’t God compel men to believe Jesus?



John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.”

No matter what conversion testimony a Christian has, whether they realize it or not, at some point there is a time when God calls them to himself; it could be a curiosity they felt, an urge to read the Bible, a feeling of emptiness or lack of meaning that drove them to find something more than the ‘stuff’ the world has to offer.
In every case God is drawing people to himself; He is calling them to meet Jesus so that they will accept him into their hearts as their Lord and savior.
There is no force, God does not force people to receive eternal life, rather, He calls to them and urges them to choose truth.


John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment