Thursday 2 May 2013

75 Bible Questions – 50


Doesn’t Faith in Christ Establish God’s Law?
Romans 3:31  Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.”

In question 49 we established through scripture that the law is still valid and that is what Paul is teaching to the Roman church, that we are not above the law, rather, we are to honor the law with obedience.
Now, the Old Testament laws regarding the sacrifice of bulls and burning of offerings for sin atonement are finished once and for all through the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
My personal beliefs on this subject have recently changed with further study, so some of my old posts on this topic are from my previous view and are wrong, but I will leave them up with a note so that my changed beliefs may be an example to those who need to study more on the topic of Old Testament Law in the New Testament.

No comments:

Post a Comment