Wednesday 1 May 2013

Getting a Government SIN Number Why?


A few weeks ago I went to a Canadian Government Office to apply for a SIN number.  Why was I applying for a tax tracking ID that enabled me to pay future taxes from the money I would earn?  Because ‘it is the law’ and it has almost every employer scared of the consequences. 

During the hour long wait before I was attended to, I watched the people around me, particularly those typing on the computers set up for welfare applicants and I noticed that, out of about fifty people, the Asians were waiting for Social Insurance Numbers like me while the welfare computers were used only by white people.  Asians were enrolling into the government system so they could work while whites were signing up for a government paycheck.

Looking back through the system, it is not hard to understand why so many of us are accepting welfare these days.  They get an almost no wait application without any charges and if they are accepted, they receive ‘free’ money so they can rest securely.  On the other hand, you could take an hour of your work day to wait, pay a government worker for processing your application, and walk out with a SIN number that allows you to work some income tax back into the system. 

What will happen in the future when we have a generation that does not know how or why to work and has thousands of people to support because they found out it was easier to lose your job or to get pregnant single than to work in a business while giving up part of your income to support welfare?

No comments:

Post a Comment