Thursday 16 May 2013

TTSR The Idiocy Of “Relevance”



One major flaw in the American school system is that ‘Relevance’ has somehow become an important factor in children and teenager’s education plans, for what reason I do not know, few undergraduates have chosen a profession and even fewer stick to the same ideas they had before they moved into the job market.

I remember when I was young, just learning how to read under the teaching of my mother, that I could not think of anything more irrelevant than spelling or its rules, and again in 9th grade, English was a worthless course in my naive opinion but all those things I ardently disliked in school started to pay off.

It seems like children are getting more ‘rights’ all the time while parents keep getting pushed aside when it is the parents that should have the number one say in the matter of education, if they did not, I would have quit the studies I deemed ‘irrelevant’ along with all the other courses I disliked, as thousands of students are doing now; the future will certainly look bleak for a generation that knows more about what they like than what is important to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment